JOB TITLE: Quality Manager
LOCATION: New Ulm, MN
POSITION TYPE: Full-time, Salaried Exempt
Do you have an love/hate relationship with bacteria that you want to explore further? Have you spent the last few years in another lab testing different bacteria or trying to predict their every move? Are you a perfectionist to your very core? If so, we have just the job for you! Our quality control manager position develops, implements, and manages quality control systems designed to ensure continuous production of advanced composite materials and applications (consistent with established standards, customer specifications and production goals). The position supervises a team of quality lab technicians.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure a high level of internal and external customer service. Investigate (and correct) customer issues and complaints relating to quality.
- Supervise workers engaged in sampling (yes, we said BEER sampling) and testing activities to ensure high productivity and high technical integrity.
- Apply total quality management tools and approaches to analytical reporting processes.
- Develop and analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and to establish quality and reliability expectancy of finished products.
- Formulate, document, and maintain quality control standards and on-going quality control objectives.
- Provide technical and statistical expertise to teams.
- Interact with vendors to ensure quality of all purchased parts.
- Maintain active role on internal continuous improvement teams.
- Coordinate objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other plant managers to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Create, document, and implement inspection criteria and procedures.
- Interpret quality control philosophy to key personnel within the company.
- Design, develop, and implement quality control training programs.
- Provide, and oversee, visual activity for product through production cycle.
- Apply total quality management tools and approaches to analytical and reporting processes.
- Create and direct environmental and safety test functions and applications.
- Be an active member of the safety team.
- Technical capacity
- Organization skills
- Problem solving/analytical
- Customer/client focus
- Time management
- Performance management
- Business acumen
- Actively manage employees (performance, hiring, back-up for lab functions)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be 21 years of age
- B.S. degree or equivalent experience/education combination
- Minimum of 4 years related experience
- Supervisory/management experience
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work weekends when necessary (majority of hours are Monday – Friday)
- Some overnight travel may be required
- Passion for Craft Beer
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
- Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles
- Often in the presence of moving mechanical parts and vibration
- Noise level in the environment can be loud. PPE is required.
JOB TITLE: National Sales Director
LOCATION: New Ulm, MN
POSITION TYPE: Full-time, Salaried Exempt
The August Schell Brewing Company (ASBCo) is the country’s second oldest family-owned brewery, brewing world-class beers for over 157 years. This position will secure new business via direct sales and further develop existing business via promotional execution and merchandising activities of the assigned distribution network. Competitive salary, bonus structure, car allowance, medical/dental insurance, 401k and other benefits are available.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Understanding brand programming and communicating to distributor sales managers (DSM), specifically provide expertise and communication/leadership on portfolio management strategies, brand priorities, sales strategies, go-to-market pricing strategies and chain selling execution
- Work with ASBCo management to develop aggressive yet realistic annual sales goals.
- Provide direction to National Account Manager for attaining ASBCo goals in the chain markets
- Work with ASBCo management to come up with healthy pricing schedules for all brands and packages necessary.
- Provide DSMs with ASBCo’s annual business plan no later than November 1 of the previous year.
- Motivate DSMs to achieve trimester and annual sales objectives
- Ensure DSMs get distributor partners to place correct orders on time
- Ensure DSMs are effectively utilizing all marketing materials in accordance with marketing direction
• Develop and deploy a strategy to achieve and maintain ASBCo retail standards/brand priorities while adhering to ASBCo marketing and overall company visions.
- Ensure quality standards for ASBCo brands are understood and maintained by DSMs for best possible freshness to consumers.
- Use VIP reports to maintain knowledge of current sales trends and inventory
- Conduct trimester reviews with DSMs to ensure sales goals are met
- Conduct thorough ROI analysis on all sales/promotional programs
- Provide ASBCo with current market trends to make better-informed business decisions
• Collect data (e.g. pricing, distribution) as required
• Compile and submit reports required by ASBCo management
• Operate effectively within corporate and budgetary guidelines
• Observe all state and federal laws pertaining to the sale, merchandising and promotion of malt beverages
- Act as a buffer between ASBCo management and sales staff to increase efficiency between the two parties
- Keep sales force informed of current and future business objectives
- Attend trimester/annual distributor meetings when necessary
- Work directly and collaboratively with the marketing department to ensure sales department is in sync with the “voice” of marketing
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 7-10 years of beer business experience
- Should be well versed and knowledgeable of the craft beer industry.
- Ability to interface with various levels of management, at wholesale as well as retail
- Experience with managing, hiring, and training sales staff along with disciplinary and firing.
- Knowledge and love for the beer industry
• Self-motivation and ability to work with limited amount of direction; ability to work both independently and within a team to accomplish goals
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to speak in front of large groups, conduct trainings/promotions
• Strong work ethic; demonstrated ability to plan and manage multiple responsibilities and personalities
• An intense competitive spirit with an assertive, confident personality
• Strong sense of urgency and commitment to achieving results
• Strong judgment and professional maturity
• Excellent problem solving skills-ability to see “big picture”
- Mathematically proficient
• Willingness to travel overnight and a good driving record
• Proficient in VIP, Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, and Power Point
Submit cover letter and resume to August Schell Brewing Company’s Human Resource’s Manager, Marla Wendlandt at email@example.com