JOB TITLE: Quality Manager
LOCATION: New Ulm, MN
POSITION TYPE: Full-time, Salaried Exempt
Do you have an love/hate relationship with bacteria that you want to explore further? Have you spent the last few years in another lab testing different bacteria or trying to predict their every move? Are you a perfectionist to your very core? If so, we have just the job for you! Our quality control manager position develops, implements, and manages quality control systems designed to ensure continuous production of advanced composite materials and applications (consistent with established standards, customer specifications and production goals). The position supervises a team of quality lab technicians.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure a high level of internal and external customer service. Investigate (and correct) customer issues and complaints relating to quality.
- Supervise workers engaged in sampling (yes, we said BEER sampling) and testing activities to ensure high productivity and high technical integrity.
- Apply total quality management tools and approaches to analytical reporting processes.
- Develop and analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and to establish quality and reliability expectancy of finished products.
- Formulate, document, and maintain quality control standards and on-going quality control objectives.
- Provide technical and statistical expertise to teams.
- Interact with vendors to ensure quality of all purchased parts.
- Maintain active role on internal continuous improvement teams.
- Coordinate objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other plant managers to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Create, document, and implement inspection criteria and procedures.
- Interpret quality control philosophy to key personnel within the company.
- Design, develop, and implement quality control training programs.
- Provide, and oversee, visual activity for product through production cycle.
- Apply total quality management tools and approaches to analytical and reporting processes.
- Create and direct environmental and safety test functions and applications.
- Be an active member of the safety team.
- Technical capacity
- Organization skills
- Problem solving/analytical
- Customer/client focus
- Time management
- Performance management
- Business acumen
- Actively manage employees (performance, hiring, back-up for lab functions)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be 21 years of age
- B.S. degree or equivalent experience/education combination
- Minimum of 4 years related experience
- Supervisory/management experience
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work weekends when necessary (majority of hours are Monday – Friday)
- Some overnight travel may be required
- Passion for Craft Beer
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
- Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles
- Often in the presence of moving mechanical parts and vibration
- Noise level in the environment can be loud. PPE is required.