Schmaltz's Alt Cupcakes
(Makes 24 cupcakes)
1 cup Schmaltz's Alt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups all purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
2/3 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cupcakes cups with liners.
- Bring 1 cup Schmaltz's Alt and 1 cup butter to simmer in a heavy, large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add cocoa powder and whisk until mixture is smooth. Cool slightly.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in large bowl to blend.
- Using a electric mixer, beat eggs and sour cream in another large bowl to blend.
- Add Schmaltz's Alt-chocolate mixture to egg mixture and beat just to combine.
- Add flour mixture and beat briefly on slow speed. Using a rubber spatula, fold batter until completely combined.
- Pour batter into prepared liners. Bake cake until tester inserted into center comes out clean- about 15 minutes.
* The cake is dense and needs a bit more time that your traditional cake mix.
* Ice with your favorite icing. Try using chocolate to bring out the chocolaty flavors of the Schmaltz's Alt.
* Enjoy with a tall glass of Schmaltz's Alt!